Sunday, November 22, 2009

Menu Plan - Nov. 22


click the image for more menu ideas!


It's THANKSGIVING WEEK!!!  And, this year, Frog Prince and I are just celebrating Thanksgiving the two of us.  While we will miss seeing our families, it's going to be quite fun to establish our own traditions for our family.  We're looking forward to a few days off of work and school too - in hopes that we can relax and do some fun things as a family.

Last week was a rough one... recovering from our wonderful early holiday travels to the Frozen Tundra, and trying to get lots of work done translated into minimal cooking in our kitchen.

Frog Prince went out for lunch one day with work, and had enough leftover for 2 more Frog Prince-sized meals... so he ate those up.  And, when you already don't feel much like cooking, cooking for one is not motivation enough.

Last week felt kind of reminiscent of my cooking during my early college years... so this week, I hope we'll be back on track. 

We did end up enjoying:

Mom's Homemade Turkey Noodle Soup (from mom!!)



The last of the Whole Wheat Molasses Crinkles




Cheesy Open BBQ Sandwiches 
(using leftover pork from the freezer)



Crustless Apple Pie



Turkey Lasagna



Nut-Free Chex Mix



Now, onto the menu for this week: 

Breakfast
Apple Granola
Dried Fruit (cherries, cranberries, raisins, apples and pineapple)
Yogurt

Lunches
Sandwiches
Leftovers
Turkey-Noodle Soup
Carrots
No-Nut Trail Mix


Dinner
Su - Crockpot Wild Rice Soup, Wheat Quick Bread
M -  Penne with Broccoli and Italian Sausage
Tu - Grilled Cheese Sandwiches on wheat oat bread, broccoli
W - Leftovers
Th - THANKSGIVING!
F - Leftovers (T-day leftovers are the best!)
S - Hot Turkey Sandwiches (dinner rolls with turkey and gravy)

And, because I must... I present two of my new favorite Thanksgiving recipes:

Meet, Sweet Potato Pie, with molasses crinkle crust! 





Hello Loves. 

Wishing you all a very wonderful Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

  1. I'm coming over on Saturday. Hot turkey sandwiches the day after Thanksgiving are.the.best! I'm going to have to check out that penne recipe. I reorganized the freezer this afternoon and realized I have a package of sausage I forgot about - gotta find a way to use it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am SO checking back for your sweet potato cornbread recipe! I picked up a TON of sweet potatoes to make sweet potato casserole for the family dinner, then my mother changed her mind and wants me to bring creamed leeks instead. Now I've got all these sweet potatoes to find something creative for!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear from you; especially how you're finding JOY in your kitchen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...