Thursday, April 2, 2009

Mom's Easter Potatoes



I'm sure you have them too, those dishes that you love but usually only make a yearly appearance? My mom's Easter potatoes are one of those in our family. A cheesy, delicious potato dish, perfect for a crowd!


Mom's Easter Potatoes - From Mom

2 lb. hash brown potatoes (you can either grate your own, or use frozen ones, but thaw first)
1/4 C butter, melted
1 tsp. salt
dash of pepper
1/2 C chopped onion
1 can cream of chicken soup (or, you can make your own...)
12 oz. fat free sour cream
2 C cheddar cheese, shredded

Topping:
2 C crushed corn flakes (or homemade bread crumbs)
1/4 C butter, melted
Paprika, to taste

In a large bowl, stir together all ingredients, except toppings.




Pour into a greased 9x13 glass pan (or 2 8x8 pans).



Bake at 350 for 45 minutes until potatoes start to get bubbly.

Meanwhile, mix together corn flakes, and butter. Sprinkle topping over the potatoes and top with Paprika for color.




Continue baking for an additional 15 minutes. Enjoy!

This post is linked to:

10 comments:

  1. These are my favorite! Only I leave the hashbrowns frozen and cook for 2 hours at 325. Works great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh.....my.....goodness!

    I think that is about the best sounding food I have heard about all day. Wow, that is going straight into my favorites.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds de-lish! I just love any food that has starch and cheese in it {smile}!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I make something simmiliar to this they are delicious

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh is there anything better than cheesy potatoes? I think not!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this dish! We usually do it with cubed potatoes but the hash browns sound good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How would this be without the crunchy topping. We have recently gone gluten free, so bread crumbs and corn flakes (I believe) are off limits.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some brands of corn flakes are GF! But, It would be great without the topping -- alternatives are GF crackers crumbled.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear from you; especially how you're finding JOY in your kitchen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...