Saturday, May 9, 2009

Ground Beef Wellington

I've been looking for something unique and different for dinner, so when I came across Kate's recipe for Ground Beef "Wellington" I thought I'd give it a try. I substituted turkey for beef, so the colors aren't as beautiful, but it was still tasty.


Ground "Beef" Wellington - Modified from Kate

1 pkg. crescent rolls (or 1/2 batch of Kate's crescent roll dough)
1 lb. ground turkey (or beef)
1 tsp. each: salt, pepper, garlic powder and Italian seasoning
1 lb. mushrooms, diced
1/2 onion, diced
3 garlic cloves, minced
2 C fresh spinach (torn/cut into small pieces)
1/2 tsp. rosemary, dried
1 egg, beaten (optional)

Chop and dice onions and mushrooms (it's easier to do this now then after they are cooked, ... I learned after leaving them whole for cooking). Place in a pan and allow to cook for about 5-7 minutes with the garlic.


Stir in spinach and rosemary and cook until spinach is wilted and all the water is boiled away.



Meanwhile, combine ground turkey and spices and mix together to combine. Even though I HATE touching raw meat, I mixed this with my hands....


Then, shape into a 12-inch log.


Roll out the crescent roll into a rectangle and then spread diced veggie mix on the dough.


Place the turkey roll over the veggies.


Push the veggies up over the meat and wrap the meat in the dough.


Put the dish on a greased cookie sheet and bake in the oven at 350 for 1-1.5 hours. After about 20 minutes, place tinfoil over the loaf to avoid the dough burning.


Allow dish to sit for 20 minutes before cutting.



This dish was really easy to make and quite tasty. Next time, I am going to spread some spicy brown mustard over the meat before wrapping to add some extra flavor.

1 comment:

  1. I have to be honest. Seeing all that raw meat in a log was kinda disgusting. But the final product looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear from you; especially how you're finding JOY in your kitchen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...