Sunday, July 26, 2009

Chicken Zucchini Bake

'Tis the season for zucchini! This dish is light, but satisfying (as in, we both were able to avoid snacking with "ease" for the rest of the evening) and very tasty.



Chicken Zucchini Bake - Snow White

2 chicken breasts
Mrs. Dash Garlic and Herb salt-free seasoning
1 large zucchini
1 large summer squash
8oz mushrooms
1 tsp. olive oil
sea salt
3 Baby Swiss Cheese slices

Preheat oven to 375. Place chicken breasts in a lightly greased 8x8 glass baking dish. Sprinkle with Garlic and Herb seasoning to taste.



Cover and bake chicken for 45-60 minutes until internal temps reach 180.



When chicken has been in the oven for about 30 minutes, slice up the mushrooms, and quarter the zucchini and summer squash.



Saute the veggies in olive oil until crisp-tender. Season with salt (and pepper, if desired) to taste.



When chicken is done, remove from the oven and top with sauteed veggies.





Layer sliced cheese over the top of the veggies, and return dish to the oven. Broil for 5-10 minutes until cheese is slightly browned and bubbly.





Serve over rice.




This recipe is listed for 2 people, but can easily be double/tripled for more folks.

This recipe is linked to Tempt My Tummy Tuesday.

9 comments:

  1. I like that the vegetables are sauteed separately and won't be cooked to death. I bet you could change up the vegetables too depending on what you had in the fridge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pretty sure I don't need to tell you that I will be adding this to my menu when the next flood of zuc's and squash comes in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks wonderful...I'm gonna make it next week for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. With all the zucchini clogging up my fridge I need to make this one soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are just at the beginning of our zucchini crop, so I'll be stashing this recipe away. Sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds wonderful. Another great way to use those garden fresh zucchinis!

    Christi @ A Southern Life
    http://asouthernlife.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear from you; especially how you're finding JOY in your kitchen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...