Wednesday, August 26, 2009

No-Bake Cookies



I've heard of the wonders of no-bake cookies, but haven't ever tasted them. Why you ask - well, for starters, my mom never made them! And, they often contain peanut butter, which is a big allergen.

So, I found a recipe from a family friend for no-bake chocolate goodness that does not use peanut butter!

Boy. These might be my new best friend. That is, when I'm craving quick chocolate :)

No-Bake Cookies
3 T butter
1/2 C brown sugar (packed and slightly heaping)
4 T cocoa
1/4 C milk
2 C Old-Fashioned oats

Mix the butter, milk, brown sugar and cocoa together in a saucepan.





Heat mixture over medium heat until boiling; stirring constantly. Allow mixture to boil (while still stirring) for ~1 minute.



Remove from the heat and stir in the oats. Stir until mixture begins to harden.





Then, use a spoon to drop cookies onto waxed or parchment paper.





Allow to cool/set up. Makes about 2 dozen cookies.



Refrigerate cookies to keep fresh.

This post is linked to Chocolate Fridays.

13 comments:

  1. Oh, these look good and easy--even easy for me. I should try them, especially since I am on a new kick of not buying junk sweets, so I am hoping the oatmeal in these makes them qualify for healthy:)) We are back home...this home, at least, but it feels like home too:) Not quite over the jetleg though...I was trying to change the background on my blog, but got stuck with trying to edit the banner...how did you do yours on the cooking blog? They say you can use powerpoint to edit the banners, but that does not seem right for me...does not work...:(

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom used to always make those. We called them Johnny Favourite's. I'm not sure why .. perhaps because my dad likes them?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am making the peanut butter version this week myself (no one in our fam is allergic) We used to call these "laxative cookies" I think they must have a lot of fiber or something..not sure why we called them that otherwise LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. See, my recipe doesn't have PB in them either. So when people would serve these and they had that version is just through me for a loop!

    Oh how I love no bake cookies!

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok, so I just made these and they are amazing! I've always loved the pb version, but these are yummy too!! Thanks for sharing the recipe! It's so fast and easy too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay, peanut free ones! I have never found a peanut free version of these, might have to try them today:)

    Blessings,
    Cara

    ReplyDelete
  7. These sound yummy! I love the no-bake part. Hate turning on the oven when it's 100 degrees outside.:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh man- those look good. (since I love PB- I might just add some for good measure- yumm.)

    ReplyDelete
  9. These have caught my interest. They look really good and would be a great cookie to make on hot summer days.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I made these today with the kids, YUMM!!!! They are so delicious! Thank you for the great recipe:)

    Blessings,
    Cara

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I love making these!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yum! I didn't know there was a version without PB. I do make the ones with PB and even have an all-PB, no chocolate version! I'm glad to know this one exists - nice and chocolatey!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear from you; especially how you're finding JOY in your kitchen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...