Thursday, October 22, 2009

Apple Blueberry Dump Cake


Need another way to use apples?  Try a dump cake.



Apple Blueberry Dump Cake

~6 medium apples, sliced thinly
~1 C blueberries (fresh, or frozen)
1 T flour
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1 yellow cake mix
1 T butter

Place the apple slices in a lightly greased 9x13 pan. Top with flour and cinnamon.



Stir to coat. Then, add in the blueberries. If you're using frozen, do not thaw.



Top with 1 package yellow cake mix.



Slice 1 T of butter into really thin slices and place over the top of the cake mix.



Bake at 350 for ~1 hour, until topping is browned and filling is bubbly.



Cool slightly before serving.



Enjoy!



Especially when celebrating an engagement of good friends :)



This post is linked to What did you Bake Today?

6 comments:

  1. Thats my kinda cake!!! I might even attempt it!

    Blessings-
    Amanda
    http://iammommy.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUMMY!!! apples and blueberries.
    Geri

    ReplyDelete
  3. I needed a recipe like this! I have 5 lbs of apples in the fridge, along with some blueberries we frozen from the summer, and I always has plenty cake mix. Yum! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks so good. Today, I was saying how I don't use cake mixes and now I want to. It doesn't matter, I have to make it gluten free so I can't do this but I want to. It looks delicious.

    You enjoy it while I sniff from the sidelines. Sob.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, my, but it does look good. Apples and blueberries are a wonderful combo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am trying this right now :) Except I'm using a sugar cookie mix for the topping :) I'm sure it will turn out delish! We have a ton of blueberries thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear from you; especially how you're finding JOY in your kitchen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...