Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Crockpot Chicken with Roasted Veggies



A few weeks ago, I found a great new recipe from Myra who blogs at Happy Housewife Living Life. We're always looking for yummy, quick, healthy recipes, and this one caught my attention. Chicken in the crockpot? Healthy mix of veggies? How could we pass this up?!



Crockpot Chicken and Roasted Veggies - Adapted from Myra

5-6 chicken tenders
1-2 tsp. Mesquite Chicken seasoning (McCormick's)

1 medium sweet potato, sliced and quartered
8 oz. mushrooms, quartered
2 medium carrots, cut into chunks
1 large zucchini, quartered
~ 1 T olive oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
sea salt

Place the chicken breasts with just a little bit of water and seasoning in the crockpot. Cover and cook on low for ~6-8 hours. (ours were done in about 4 because we used chicken tenders)



About 30 minutes before you want to each, prepare the veggies. Place them in a glass baking dish and toss in olive oil, garlic and salt.



Cover, and bake at 400 for about 15 minutes.



Then, remove the tinfoil and roast for an additional 15-20 minutes, until veggies reach the desired tenderness. Enjoy!



Thanks, Myra, for a great recipe.


This post is linked to:

7 comments:

  1. What a nice recipe. It looks good as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This has all my favorites, sweet potatoes and and carrots. Believe it or not, I have been meaning to try a sweet potato with my chicken. Looks really good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you used sweet potatoes in this recipe. I haven't used my crockpot in so long...I REALLY need to get going on this. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow that looks beautiful! I just made a chicken last night but I never think of doing it in the crock pot! I will have to try this next time :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I stumbled your post...looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great chicken recipe! I think I have some of that Mesquite seasoning in my pantry, I remember picking it up on clearance but I haven't used it since I was lacking ideas! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I forgot to say: Thanks for stopping by and for the prayers. Grace and I are starting to feel much better!

    hugs,
    Alison

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear from you; especially how you're finding JOY in your kitchen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...