Monday, November 9, 2009

Creamy Tortellini Bake

This is my friend Lucy's favorite pasta dish... and I can see why.  Creamy cheesy sauce, yummy green vegetables, and a butter-crumb topping :)



Creamy Tortellini Bake - Adapted from Lucy

1/2 pkg. frozen tortellini (cheese-filled)
2 T minced onion
1/2 lb. asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 C frozen peas
1 medium bell pepper, diced
1 C shredded turkey/chicken
3 garlic cloves
1 T olive oil
1 recipe, Alfredo (use Lucy's!)... with lots of garlic! 
1 C milk
1/2 C water
1 C bread crumbs
1 T butter, melted
1/4 C Parmesan cheese, grated

First, chop the peppers and asparagus.



Then, in a medium skillet, saute the garlic cloves in a the olive oil.



Add in the veggies and onion, and saute until crisp/tender.



Meanwhile, prepare Lucy's alfredo sauce.  We liked it with LOTS of garlic. 



Add shredded turkey and tortellini to the skillet.



Then, add in the milk and water, along with the alfredo sauce.



Stir in the peas, and bring the mixture to a simmer for about 10 minutes (long enough for the tortellini to cook up). Stir occasionally while it simmers.



Pour the whole dish into a lightly greased 9x13 glass baking dish.



Now, preheat your oven to 400.

In a small bowl, mix together bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, and butter.



Sprinkle over the creamy tortellini.



Pop in the oven, and bake at 400 for about 20 minutes, until the dish is bubbly and the topping has browned a little bit :)



Serve warm and enjoy, Lucy's favorite!



Thanks, Lucy!  We really enjoyed your dinner.  The only thing better would have been to share it with you.

This post is linked to:

11 comments:

  1. Yum! I love all the veggies you've included in this recipe. It looks amazing.

    We tried your chicken noodle this weekend and really like it, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful meal. Your photo tutorial is terrific.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad you that you enjoyed it! How wonderful would it be to share a meal together. I was searching through my freezer today for something and I realized I have a package of tortellini in there .... I think you can guess what is going on my menu next week. With the addition of peppers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tortellini used to be my absolute favourite type of pasta - this looks like a great way to enjoy them =D.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My goodness- yes please! I cannot wait to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh man, that looks so good! I haven't had tortellini in such a long time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the idea of all the veggies.
    Geri

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks like something we would really enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  9. YUM!!!!! I love pasta!! Thanks for the recipe and linking to TMTT.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I can see why this would be a favorite! It looks great!

    Thanks for sharing. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear from you; especially how you're finding JOY in your kitchen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...