Monday, May 10, 2010

Italian Focaccia

I love bread.

It's a weakness.



I inherited it.

Must be genetic.



Thus, I made this yummy bread to share with the ones who gave me my genes.

They liked it too.



Italian Focaccia Bread - Adapted from Real Mom Kitchen

Bread
2 tsp. yeast
1 T sugar
1 C + 2 T warm water
1 T olive oil
1/4 tsp. black pepper
1 tsp. sea salt
1 T Italian seasoning
3 C flour (1 C wheat, 2 C white wheat)

Topping
1 T olive oil
1/2 C Parmesan cheese
sea salt

Combine yeast and water. Allow mixture to sit for 2-3 minutes. Then add in olive oil, sugar salt.



Add in spices.



 Knead the dough until well combined.



Cover and let the dough rise for 1 hour.  You can make the dough up to 24 hours in advance - cover with plastic wrap and store in the fridge until ready to use.

Preheat the oven to 425.  Press the dough into a 12-inch circle.

Drizzle with olive oil and then press indentations into the dough.

Cover with cheese and additional spices.



Bake for 15-20 minutes until dough is puffed and golden brown.



Cut into wedges and serve.



Yum-o.

The leftovers were great sandwich bread too!

    3 comments:

    1. This looks yummy! I can't wait to try it.

      ReplyDelete
    2. Just found your blog linked up at Heavenly Homemakers, and let me say -this is WONDERFUL! I love love love all your recipes and can't wait to try them!! Keep them coming, and HUGE congrats to you and FrogPrince for graduation!!

      ReplyDelete
    3. Yum! I am just like you bread is my total weakness. This looks really good.

      ReplyDelete

    Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear from you; especially how you're finding JOY in your kitchen.

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...