Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Tomato Basil Bruschetta



A while back, one of my long-time blog readers, Jessika, sent me a "you must make this" recipe for Bruschetta.


It's not often that I think about making bruschetta -- but we had some leftover french bread and I thought this might be a great way to use it up!


I love that this recipe uses simple ingredients, and the flavor was amazing!  Thanks for sending the recipe my way, Jessika -- this was great!

Tomato Basil Bruschetta - Adapted from Jessika
{Print Recipe}

4 roma tomatoes
4-5 garlic cloves, minced
3 tsp. basil (dried)
1/2 T olive oil
sea salt
French baguette

Combine diced tomatoes, basil, garlic and olive oil in a large bowl.  Stir to mix the flavors.


 Then, cover and refrigerate for a minimum of 2 hours.


Preheat the oven to 400.  Meanwhile, slice the baguette into slices about 1 inch thick.

Place the bread onto a cookie sheet.


Lightly brush olive oil onto the bread (both sides) and return the bread to the cookie sheet.


Then, top with the tomato, garlic, basil mixture.


 Grind some sea salt (and pepper, if desired) over the top of the bruschetta.

Toast the bruschetta in the oven for 10-15 minutes, until slightly toasted.


Enjoy!

Photobucket

ps - I love getting recipes from you!  If you have a great one I need to try, send it my way!

13 comments:

  1. Mmmm, I love bruschetta. I could totally eat a whole loaf of toasted bread this way. Looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE bruschetta and I make it pretty often as I make italian food at least a few times a week. My favorite! I'll have to try this kind soon! =]

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE bruschetta soooo much!!!! Yours look out of this world d'lish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bruschetta!! YUM!! And to think - I have a ton of tomatoes that I was just wondering what I was gonna do with. And a 1/2 loaf of french bread, too!! WOO HOO bruschetta here I come!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, I was just thinking I needed a bruschetta recipe and how I've been wanting to make it for about 3 days! That is too funny!

    So excited to try this recipe this weekend!
    I've been making your french bread like crazy the past couple of weeks. It's delicious every time too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I recently discovered your blog, and I am loving it! I would like to award you the One Lovely Blog Award. Please stop by my blog for the particulars.

    ReplyDelete
  7. YUM!! For some reason I have been craving bruschetta. This looks so good! Don't you love it when some one sends you a great recipe. It is like getting an incredible gift!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful pictures! I think it helps so much when you have the right bread. Yours looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yummy! i am making Bruchetta tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love bruschetta! It looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW!!! This looks amazing and pretty easy. I can't wait to make this. Thank you for sharing! I am now following you :) Follow back if you would like.

    Have a wonderful day,
    Marci

    Marciandlevin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Snow! Bruschetta - yum! I'm definitely following you now and I'd love if you would visit my blogs. I have a new blog called Holiday Traditions, Gifts and Recipes and I'd love to have you share your favorite Fall/Winter Holiday recipe (or 10) on the linky at:
    http://holidaygiftsandmore.blogspot.com/p/recipes.html

    I'm also at:
    http://givingnsharing.blogspot.com
    http://familyliteracyandyou.blogspot.com

    I'll be back for your zucchini recipes and a few others I'm sure.

    Tina "The Book Lady"

    ReplyDelete
  13. I heart bruschetta and will definitely have to try this!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear from you; especially how you're finding JOY in your kitchen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...