Thursday, March 24, 2011

Raspberry Frozen Yogurt


Yesterday, I shared our recipe for homemade yogurt.


If we're being completely honest, 90% of the reason I wanted to get into making our own yogurt was so that we could make our own frozen yogurt :)


Don't get me wrong, this girl loves her yogurt. But, when it comes down to it -- frozen yogurt wins every. single. time.


Raspberry Frozen Yogurt - Inspired by Lucy

2 C plain, unsweetened yogurt
3 C raspberries (I used frozen)
3/4 C sugar (or 1/2 C honey)
1/2 C milk

Begin by blending together the yogurt, sugar and milk.


Puree the berries, along with a little bit of milk/yogurt mixture, if needed. My frozen berries pureed much better once I added a bit of the yogurt.


Then, stir the berry mixture into the remaining yogurt mixture. Blend well.


If desired, strain out the seeds.  I didn't, but if seeds bother you in the smooth consistency of frozen yogurt, then I recommend straining the puree before continuing.


Assemble your ice cream maker according to directions, and then pour in the yogurt fruit mixture.


Allow the yogurt to freeze up for about 20 minutes in the maker.  Then, pour into a freezer-safe container.  Allow the frozen yogurt to set up in the freezer for about 30 minutes.  Then, enjoy!


Linked to: Recipe Swap Thursday, Full Plate Thursday, It's a Keeper, URS, What's Cooking Thursday, Family Friendly Fridays, Sweets for a Saturday, Sweet Tooth Friday,  Slightly Indulgent TuesdayIngredient Spotlight

17 comments:

  1. I love the color! Oh, and of course I love ice cream :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds and looks great! Have to try it soon as I love raspberries and yogurt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! That does inspire me to make yogurt :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, I am going to HAVE to get an ice cream maker so I can make this. YUM!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this looks soo good! i need to get an ice cream maker so i can try it!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love frozen yogurt, and this looks so yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a "must" for my kids. They'll love it! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So awesome about making your own yogurt! I've been tempted but never have. This looks awesome and I can so see why this makes it even more worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. one of my best friends has this ice cream maker thingy... I will HAVE to make this!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Sno White,
    This is a wonderful refreshing Spring Treat. I will sure be giving this recipe a try very soon. Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and please come back!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I may have to try this sometime this week. Looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks Amazing! Could I slim this down and use skim milk and nonfat greek yogurt? Would it work?

    ReplyDelete
  13. By chance did I win the ice cream maker? It would surely come in handy for this recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love love! I will be making this very soon. I am thinking lemon zest?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I got my ice cream maker at the same time as my yogurt maker. I make ice cream all the time but have never tried frozen yogurt! Do you think it would work if you didn't add the sugar? If I used blueberries would that sweeten it up enough? HMMMM something to think on!

    ReplyDelete
  16. @shorty

    If you like more tart yogurt, or, if the tang of your yogurt would be suitable to you in a frozen yogurt, then by all means, omit the sugar. if you used blueberries or strawberries or peaches - something with more natural sugars than tartness - you should be fine too. Try a little by mixing up some yogurt with blueberry puree. Taste it and add honey or sugar as desired. If you like the taste, then go ahead and make the frozen variety!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for sharing this! I tried it last night as I happened to have some yogurt and some raspberries. I recently found out that I have gluten intolerance and with it I've been noticing some dairy intolerance (except for yogurt! yay!) so I subbed some coconut milk instead of dairy milk. Almond milk seemed like it wouldn't make a really creamy treat. I also cut the sugar back to 1/2 cup as I don't like super sweet things. It turned out so yummy! I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear from you; especially how you're finding JOY in your kitchen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...