Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Berry Frozen Yogurt {w/o ice cream maker!}

For those of you without an ice cream maker -- this recipe is for you!


I've been in a smoothie making mood lately, and this recipe was born out of my inability to finish an entire smoothie in one sitting.  When I make a smoothie, I make enough for two servings -- sometimes Frog Prince enjoys his half, and other times, he'd rather have a cup of tea.


I poured half of the berry smoothie into our ice cream storage containers and set it in the freezer.  In a matter of 3-4 hours in the freezer, I had our own creamy version of frozen yogurt made without an ice cream maker!


Now, when I make a berry smoothie, I enjoy half right away and freeze the other half.  Then, I'll pop that frozen half in my lunch box and take it with me to my office and stick it in the fridge.  In time for a mid-morning snack the smoothie is now partially thawed and makes a great bowl of frozen yogurt I can enjoy in my office.  This really works well for me as it switches things up in my lunch and it's an easy way to increase the fruits I eat each day.


Berry Frozen Yogurt

Storage container
Freezer

Prepare the berry smoothie according to directions. 

 

Pour the smoothie into a freezer-proof storage container.  


Freeze for 3-4 hours.  

Before serving, remove from the freezer and allow the frozen yogurt to thaw a bit.  Alternatively, remove from the freezer and place in the fridge for 3-6 hours before serving.  


Enjoy your homemade frozen yogurt without using an ice cream maker!

Linked to: Tasty Tuesdays, Totally Tasty Tuesdays, Slightly Indulgent Tuesday, Tempt My Tummy Tuesday, Kitchen Tip Tuesday

6 comments:

  1. love how easy this is! sometimes i am annoyed by the ice cream maker and all of the clean up associated with making such a yummy treat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea to throw your leftover smoothie in the freezer! I never thought of that! Thanks for such a great tip, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! It also works well to take cool whip, mix in some fruit, and then freeze it. Same kind of thing and it's so easy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea! Very clever use of "leftovers." Frozen yogurt is never a bad thing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea! I just bought a blender with the intention of making smoothies... now I know I can make an extra special treat with any leftovers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks so easy and do doable. Love it! I featured you on Momcaster: http://momcaster.com/2012/05/28/homemade-frozen-yogurt-no-ice-cream-maker.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear from you; especially how you're finding JOY in your kitchen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...