Saturday, October 1, 2011

31 Days to Cooking from Scratch

This October, I am joining in with a large group of bloggers who are blogging about particular topics for the 31 days of this month! 

I am super excited to announce my 31 days plan….

Picture1

Over the next 31 days, I’ll be sharing what I’ve learned over the last five years about cooking from scratch. 

We’ll start with the basics:

  • What do I need in my pantry to cook from scratch?
  • What do I need in my fridge/freezer to cook from scratch?
  • Are there any special kitchen gadgets I need to make cooking from scratch easier?

Then, we’ll move into simple recipes:

  • How do I make my own bread {even if I’m scared of yeast?}?
  • What flours should I use?
  • How can I make my own snacks/crackers?
  • How do I make _______?  (e.g., bagels, tortillas, pasta, etc)

Along the way, we’ll share recipes to replace kitchen staples & tips and tricks for ways to transition to making most, if not all of your food from scratch. 

In order to make this series interactive, here’s what I’m hoping you’ll be willing to contribute:

1) Your ideas!  What is it you’re interested in learning about with respect to cooking from scratch?  Toss those ideas in the comments, or email me at joyinmykitchen@gmail.com.

2) Your insight!  I am by no means an expert at cooking from scratch.  I can share with you my perspective and the journey that Frog Prince and I have been on, but each of you also holds a wealth of information.  Throughout the 31 days, I will be asking you questions, and I’d love to start a great dialog here, or on Facebook about these topics.

3) Your willingness to try something new! Have you been hesitant to try making a specific food item, or meal for your family?  I encourage you have a sense of adventure and give some of the recipes shared a try. 

I truly am excited about this month and hope that you will come along with me as we take aim to begin or move further along our journey in cooking from scratch!

Picture1
at Finding Joy in My Kitchen

11 comments:

  1. Yay! I am really looking forward to this series!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool! Can't wait to learn more - you're an inspiration! I'm very "cooking challenged" so just about anything is great for me! Thanks, Jenny C.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi - I found you through Nester's linkup and am looking forward to your series!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I started a "cooking from scratch" quest in January with breads and grains. I've mastered bread, bagels, english muffins, tortillas, rolls... But the one thing I can't seem to master is pasta. May family runs to eat at grandma's when they see me trying pasta again! Maybe you can help :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic! I am pretty good at cooking from scratch but get bored a bit with recipes so am always on the look out for new ones

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds great! I look forward to your series...
    I'm a fellow 31 dayer!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear from you; especially how you're finding JOY in your kitchen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...