Thursday, January 12, 2012

Labeling foods

Here’s a simple kitchen tip I’ve just recently discovered that has helped me control the items in my fridge, and especially those in my freezer. 

Label your foods with the name of the food item & date… by using a Dry Erase Marker! 

Dry Erase markers write on plastic bags & freezer-ready containers and when you are done, all you need to do is wipe the writing off! 

So much better than tape {sticky residues as no fun} and permanent markers. 

So, do you label the foods in your fridge & freezer? 

Linked to: Kitchen Tip Tuesday

7 comments:

  1. ok, I love tips like this! I have always done permanent marker, but I love the idea of being able to erase it and not just cross it out and hope for a space big enough to write the next food! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely do this with leftovers. I use the dry erase marker trick on tupperware and it washes off easily, unless I forget its there and throw it through the dishwasher...for some reason it's harder to get off then.

    I wish I had a deep freeze like that!! Someday..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did this when I lived in a sticks and bricks house, but living in an RV there is not enough freezer space to worry with it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cool! I have been using permanent marker to label the freezer food, and nothing for the fridge. This is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never thought about using dry erase markers on plastic bowls! It seems like it would come off easily, but sounds like it doesn't! Going to give this a try! Thanks for sharing! Coming over from Kitchen Tip Tuesdays at Tammy's Recipes. Blessings from Bama!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I never thought of the dry erase marker. Love this idea! Thank you so much

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful! I've been looking for a tip like this for a long time! Much thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear from you; especially how you're finding JOY in your kitchen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...