Thursday, April 5, 2012

Mint Cookies & Cream Ice Cream

With summer just around the corner, don’t forget about the delicious mint-chocolate combination we love during the month of March! 

This ice cream isn’t green {although you could add a little spinach to achieve that green color}, but it sure is minty. 

Mint Cookies & Cream Ice Cream

Ingredients

  • 3/4 C sugar
  • 1 C whipping cream
  • 2 C half and half
  • 1 tsp. peppermint extract
  • 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 1 C Oreo Cookies {or a similar variety}, crushed

Directions

Combine the 3/4 C sugar in a large bowl or measuring cup with 1 C whipping cream and 2 C half and half.  Stir well until blended.  Then, mix in the peppermint (1 tsp.), and vanilla (1/2 tsp.) extracts. 

Place the ingredients into the base of your ice cream maker and make according to manufacturers directions. 

2-3 minutes before the ice cream is done, add in the crushed cookies. 

Scoop out into freezer-safe containers.  Serve right away at a soft-serve consistency, or let the ice cream set in the freezer for 2-4 hours before serving for a more hard-scoop consistency. 

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Peppermint in anything besides a candy cane just tastes so wrong to me. However, my husband simple loves it so might have to give this a try. It's definitely feeling like time to dust off the ice cream maker and make room for the bowl in the freezer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! I think my best friend would like this.

    I went through a time during this pregnancy when I was craving Cookies 'n' Cream ice cream. I made it a couple of times and fulfilled my craving. Anyway, I like BIG chunks of Oreos (or similar variety!) in my ice cream. So the second time I made it, I pre-chopped the Oreos (using one of those Pampered Chef chopper things) & also pre-froze them. That way the churning action didn't break them up too much, and I got the big ol' cookie chunks I adore!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear from you; especially how you're finding JOY in your kitchen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...