Welcome to all of you joining us for Ingredient Spotlight this week! Today’s feature ingredient – Leafy Greens.
I can’t tell you how much we love spinach and kale. Spinach is our go-to green. We add it to almost every dish we make. We keep it stocked in our freezer at all times (did you know you can easily freeze fresh spinach?!), and I love knowing you can toss it in casseroles, pizza, soup and more without changing the flavor!
Facts about Spinach
- 1 C spinach packs 36% of your iron needs for 1 day
- 1 C spinach contains roughly 245 grams of calcium
Facts about Kale
- 1 C Kale contains 200% of your daily vitamin C needs
- Kale comes from the same botanical family as broccoli, cauliflower, Brussels sprouts and mustard! In fact, all these come from the same species.
- Kale’s health benefits are enhanced when cooked
How do we enjoy these leafy greens?
Kale Chips. A great alternative to potato chips. Make a big batch for movie night!
How about you? What recipes do you have for kale and spinach or other leafy greens? Link them up below!