This skillet dinner combines wonderful flavors and textures together for an easy and hearty dinner.
I loved how simple it was to make, and the use of the chicken and beans together.
Tuscan Chicken Skillet – Adapted from The Wanderlust Kitchen
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1/2 lb chicken breasts, cut into 4-inch pieces or tender-sized portions
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1 T minced onion
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 tsp. parsley
- 12 oz. baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 1 C cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 can (15oz) Cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- salt and pepper, as needed
In a large skillet, heat the olive oil until warmed. Add in the chicken pieces and season with oregano, salt and pepper. Cook until browned on each side.
Add in mushrooms, sliced, and sauté them with the chicken for 3-5 minutes, or until the moisture they release in cooking has evaporated. Then, add in the beans, diced tomatoes, and sliced cherry tomatoes. Season with parsley.
Cover and cook on medium heat, stirring occasionally, for 10-15 minutes. At this point, the sauce will have largely evaporated. Check to make sure the internal temperature of the chicken has reached 180 degrees. Then, remove from the heat.
Serve warm, garnished with parsley.