Thursday, December 4, 2008

Vegetable Beef Soup




Vegetable Beef Soup - Finding Joy in My Kitchen 
{Print Recipe}

1 medium onion, chopped
1 medium potato, chopped into roughly 1/4 inch pieces
2 stalks of celery, sliced
1-2 C cubbed beef
1-2 C frozen, mixed vegetables (carrots, corn, peas, greenbeans)
2-3 garlic cloves, minced
1-2 cans of stewed or diced tomatoes (we usually do 1 of each)
6-8 C of beef broth, low sodium
8oz of mushrooms, sliced
Basil, oregano, onion powder, pepper and salt, to taste

Saute onion and garlic with beef until beef cubes are almost cooked through.

Heat broth, tomatoes, potatoes and celery to boiling and keep boiling for 10-15 minutes, until veggies begin to tenderize.

Add spices to taste.

Add beef, onions and garlic to the soup.

Add frozen veggies to soup and reduce heat.

Simmer and cook... the longer the better :)

We also enjoy adding 1 green pepper, chopped for extra flavor!

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting this recipe!

    Allie
    Learningtobefrugal.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very appealing to me today. I think I will have to make some variations because of the ingredients we have on hand, but I am gonna give it a whirl! (cubed beef for ground beef, potatoes for sweet potatoes, no mushrooms))

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I'm going to try this one tomorrow.
    I have everything I need which means I won't have to take my girls out to the grocery store in the snow they are calling for.
    Boo- snow!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear from you; especially how you're finding JOY in your kitchen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...