Sunday, May 3, 2009

Blueberry Syrup


Laura over at Heavenly Homemakers posted a brilliant idea... homemade blueberry syrup! I LOVE blueberries. Absolutely LOVE them. I'll eat them in just about any dessert -- I even prefer them over chocolate ... strange, I know.

One of my favorite breakfasts (in addition to blueberry breakfast cake), are blueberry pancakes. But, sometimes, I just want a waffle, you know? Our waffle maker makes such crunchy and delicious waffles (okay, maybe that's Frog Prince who makes them turn out so well) and sometimes I just want a waffle. Now, I can have the best of both worlds.

Introducing...

Blueberry Syrup - Modified from Laura

1-2 C blueberries, fresh or frozen
1/2 tsp. corn starch
1/4 C sugar (or 2 T brown sugar)

Combine sugar and corn starch in a small sauce pan, and add blueberries.



Heat over medium heat about 10 minutes until berries are cooked and sauce is slightly thickened.

This makes a pretty thin sauce, add more corn starch if you'd like it a bit thicker.

Pour over anything... our cinnamon waffles are pictured here, but it would go great atop pancakes too, or crepes, or vanilla cake, or.... ;)

Smile, and enjoy breakfast :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear from you; especially how you're finding JOY in your kitchen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...