Monday, April 19, 2010

Pepperoni Pizza Pie

Recently, I found a can of evaporated milk in my cupboard that I needed to use up... I searched high and low for a good recipe to use it in and then I remembered Lynn's Pepperoni Pizza Pie.

Perfect.

I used a homemade crescent roll crust, which worked wonderfully for the recipe.

 It was yummy.



Pepperoni Pizza Pie - Adapted from Lynn's Kitchen Adventure

1 recipe homemade crescent rolls*
8 oz. extra sharp cheddar cheese
24 Turkey pepperoni slices
1 (12oz) can evaporated milk
2 eggs
2 T white wheat flour
1 tsp. basil
1 large garlic clove, minced

Press the crescent roll dough into a 9-inch glass pie plate.



Sprinkle half of the cheese and pepperoni on the bottom of the dough.



Mix together evaporated milk, eggs, flour, basil and garlic together until well blended.



Carefully pour the liquid mixture over the cheese and pepperoni in the pie plate.



Yes... the cheese and pepperoni's will float.

Sprinkle cheese and pepperoni over the top.





Bake at 350 for 40-50 minutes, until center is set.  You may need to cover the edges with foil to prevent them from burning.



Slice and serve warm.



*I used about 2/3 of the recipe for the dough in this recipe, and made the other crescent rolls separate.

5 comments:

  1. What a crazy recipe! I'd love to try it out but my uber picky husband hates deep dish pizza. Grr. Maybe I'll save it for a day he's gone. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks easy and delish - I will add it to my list of things to try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think my sons would fight for a slice of this....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear from you; especially how you're finding JOY in your kitchen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...