Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Wheat Dark Chocolate Chip Pancakes


Who can say no to chocolate chip pancakes?


Especially when they are made with 100% whole wheat and antioxidant-rich dark chocolate chips?



Whole Wheat Dark Chocolate Chip Pancakes - Finding Joy in My Kitchen
{Print Recipe}

1 C whole wheat flour
1 C white whole wheat flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
1 egg, lightly beaten
2 C milk
2 T olive oil {or applesauce}
1/2-3/4 C dark chocolate chips, to taste


Mix the dry ingredients together in a large bowl.


Add in the egg, milk and olive oil/apple sauce.


Stir until just moist.


Dump in the chocolate chips.  Stir to combine.


Using a soup ladle, pour the pancake batter onto a hot griddle (about 350 degrees) and cook until bubbles appear around the edges and a few appear in the center.


Then, flip.


Cook until lightly browned.


Enjoy!

Photobucket


This post is linked to:

7 comments:

  1. YUM! My hubby had never had chocolate chip pancakes until we got married. LOL! WE <3 them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look so good. We love whole wheat chocolate chip cookies so I am sure these will be a hit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love chocolate for breakfast! Thanks for stopping by my blog, http://balance-today.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You had me at dark chocolate!! YUM!
    When I was younger, we lived in Nebraska and one year we drove to Kansas City to go to Worlds of Fun. We drove through Nebraska City and stopped at this road side diner where I had my first experience with chocolate chip pancakes...mmmmmm!! I still love them today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Made these yesterday and loved them! We added sliced bananas and a pinch of brown sugar, and they didn't even need syrup! :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You just gave me the BEST excuse to eat pancakes! Whole wheat and dark chocolate? How could I deprive my body of such healthiness? ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear from you; especially how you're finding JOY in your kitchen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...