Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Triple Berry Cheesecake Ice Cream


This needs no introduction. 

Triple Berry Cheesecake Ice Cream
Ingredients

  • 1 C blueberries (fresh or frozen)
  • 1 C blackberries (fresh or frozen)
  • 1 C raspberries (fresh or frozen)
  • 3/4 C sugar
  • 1 T lemon juice
  • 8 oz. cream cheese, neufchatel 
  • 1/2 C half and half
  • 3/4 C milk

Directions
Place the berries in a blender along with the sugar and lemon juice.  Blend until pureed.  Then, add in the half and half. 

When smooth and no fruit pieces remain, add the the cubed cream cheese. 

Puree well, until smooth. 

If you still have room in your blender, add in the milk.  Stir well.  Pour the mixture into your ice cream maker freezer bowl. 

Allow your ice cream maker to run for about 20 minutes, until ice cream is nicely whipped and creamy. 

Serve right away for a delicious soft-serve consistency.  Or, freeze for 2-4 hours for a hard scoop ice cream. 

The is the perfect treat for fresh summer berries!  Since it uses cream cheese in place of much of the cream – this is a healthier ice cream option. 

Linked to: Tasty Tuesday, Totally Tasty Tuesday, Tasty Tuesday 2, Slightly Indulgent Tuesday, Ingredient Spotlight, Full Plate Thursday, URS, ingredient spotlight

13 comments:

  1. YUM! OK -- I definitely need an ice cream maker now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The title alone had me drooling! Looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks amazing! We'll have to try this one for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. One, word-- YUMMMMMM. Looks amazing. Can't wait to try!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My kids are all ooohing and aaahhing at this one! They are like, "Mom! Why don't we have an ice cream maker!!" I so have to shop for one! This sounds so much more awesome than just a smoothie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a GREAT recipe! I'd like to invite you over to Lady Behind The Curtain for my link party "Cast Party Wednesday" to share this and more of your recipes.
    Thanks,
    I hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How positively decadent! I loved the strawberry cheesecake one - I hope I get a chance to try this one too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Talk about the perfect summer dessert. I think I'm going to be daydreaming about this one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am absolutely making this as soon as I can get to the store to pick up some more berries! I have 3/4 a block of 1/3-less fat cream cheese in the fridge, and this will be the perfect way to use it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Sno White,
    You should hear the sounds coming from me as I looked at your post, I really want some of this ice cream. It just looks awesome! We are having this very soon. Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and hope to see you again real soon! Hope you are having a great week end.
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  11. What kind of ice cream maker do you have? Inquiring minds want to know! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We use a Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker -- makes just over 1 quart of ice cream.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear from you; especially how you're finding JOY in your kitchen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...