Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Kitchen Tip: Locating Recipes

The Kitchen Tip segment here on Finding Joy in My Kitchen is something I hope to include as a regular appearance.  I often get email questions that I will try to answer here as well as sharing tips from my own experiences.  If you have a question, please let me know!

Today, I’m going to share three easy ways to find recipes on Finding Joy in My Kitchen.  I hope this will help you find recipes more easily! 

Three ways to find recipes on Finding Joy in My Kitchen:

1) Use the recipe index. 

This is best used if you’re looking to browse all the recipes on our website.  You can look at breakfasts, lunch or dinner ideas, crockpot meals, desserts, snacks and more!  Each recipe has a photo snapshot as a teaser! 

image

 

2) Choose ingredients.

Do you have specific ingredients you need to use up?  By selecting an ingredient, you can easily see the recipes that use, for example carrots.  Ingredients that appear bigger in font size have more recipes associated. 

image

3) Search!

On the right sidebar, you’ll find a search box.  This option is helpful if you have part of a title of a recipe that you recall from my site, or have many ingredients that you want to find in a recipe.  Begin by typing your search terms in the search box. 

image

If you are looking for a recipe with multiple ingredients, use the “+” to separate the ingredients. 

image

Hit the search button and wait until your results pop up.  Here’s how to make sense of what you see:

image

I hope this has helped make Finding Joy In My Kitchen a more user-friendly site for you. 

And, if you have any questions you want me to address, send me an email (joyinmykitchen@gmail.com), or leave your question in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear from you; especially how you're finding JOY in your kitchen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...