Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Cranberry Toffee Slice & Bake Cookies

If you are looking for a cookie gift for Christmas, these make a fun gift.  They are a slice and bake cookie, that you can wrap up and give the roll to your friend or neighbor for Christmas. 

They are a delicious cookie, with a fun twist – toffee.

Cranberry Toffee Slice & Bake Cookies – Anne in Wisconsin (via mom)

Ingredients

  • 1 C butter
  • 3/4 C sugar
  • 3/4 C brown sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 1 1/2 C white whole wheat flour
  • 1 1/2 C oats (quick cooking preferred)
  • 1 tsp. baking soda
  • 1/4 tsp. salt
  • 1 C dried cranberries
  • 1/2 C dark chocolate chips {be generous here}
  • 1/2 C toffee bites

Directions

Cream together 1 C butter along with 3/4 C sugar and 3/4 C brown sugar. 

Add in 1 egg and 1 tsp. vanilla.  Mix well. 

Stir in 1 1/2 C white whole wheat flour and 1 1/2 C oats along with 1 tsp. baking soda and 1/4 tsp. salt. 

Then stir in 1 C craisins, 1/2 C chocolate chips and 1/2 C toffee bites.  Dough will be very stiff, so I recommend using your mixer to do this, or a wooden spoon. 

Divide the dough into fourths.  Shape each 1/4 of dough into rolls.  Wrap in plastic wrap and seal tightly. 

To gift – wrap each dough roll in butcher paper, tie ends with raffia or ribbon, and attach the baking directions below.  You may also wish to include the recipe. 

Freeze the cookie rolls. 

To bake:

1) Remove the roll from the freezer and allow it to sit on the counter for 10-15 minutes.

2) Slice the cookies into 1/2-inch slices and place each slice on a greased cookie sheet. 

3) Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes until lightly browned. 

4 comments:

  1. I can never get your "pin it" button to work, no matter what recipe I try. It usually just takes me back to your page I was on. Any thoughts or suggestions?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you referring to the "pin it" button at the bottom of each post? I just tried it and it's working for me. You could also try adding a "pin it" button to your web browser and pinning things that way. I'll keep looking into it -- but, let me know if you have other questions.

      Delete
    2. It worked for me today. Very grateful! There are so many of your recipes I want to try! Thank you. :)

      Delete
  2. I made these today using fresh cranberries and they are DELICIOUS!! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear from you; especially how you're finding JOY in your kitchen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...