Wednesday, December 5, 2012

The Best {and easiest} Garlic Bread

There’s something tangy about this garlic bread – and, that’s what makes it a step above all the rest. 

The ingredients are simple, but they combine to bring amazing flavor to your chemoreceptors (i.e., taste buds!). 

Excuse the science jargon… can you tell I’ve been busy grading and teaching as we round out the semester? 

Trust me on this one – you’ll enjoy this garlic bread. 

The best & easiest garlic bread – Finding Joy in My Kitchen

Ingredients

  • Slices of your favorite bread {we used this French bread}
  • Olive Oil Mayo
  • Minced Garlic
  • Parsley, dried
  • Cheese {cheddar or mozzarella}

Directions

Prepare the bread by slicing it to the desired thickness. 

Spread a thin layer of Olive Oil Mayo over the top.  If you don’t have olive oil mayo, any mayo will do. 

Sprinkle minced garlic over the top {alternatively, you can use garlic powder; I just personally like minced better}. 

Top with cheese.  Shredded is preferred, but when I cook for just one or two and don’t want to dirty the cheese grater, I just tear pieces of cheese and layer them over the top.  Sometimes I’m just lazy like that. 

Sprinkle with parsley. 

Toast in the toaster oven or oven on “broil” for 1-2 minutes until cheese is melted and slightly browned.  Watch carefully during this time so you don’t burn your bread!

Enjoy. 

Easy, right? 

1 comment:

  1. I'm lazy like that too, using whatever cheese I have available. This is how I make cheese toast, which, I suppose, might be the same thing as garlic bread without the garlic.
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear from you; especially how you're finding JOY in your kitchen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...