Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Simple Roasted Tomatoes

I cannot get over these. 

I am addicted to roasted tomatoes. 

Unbelievably tasty.

So easy to make.

The perfect treat for summer when the garden is overflowing with tomatoes!

I eat them plain as a snack, serve them with cheese, add them as topping to every dish I make (kidding, well, sort of), and try to convince my raw-tomato disliking husband of how incredible this fruit really is (I have yet to win that one!). 

Simple Roasted Tomatoes

Ingredients

  • Cherry or Grape tomatoes
  • Olive oil
  • Optional: salt, pepper, dried basil

Directions

Wash and slice the tomatoes lengthwise or in half.  Arrange them on a cookie sheet that has been lightly sprayed with cooking spray.  If desired, sprinkle with salt, pepper and/or basil. 

Turn on your broiler and place the tomato-covered cookie sheet under the broiler for 5-7 minutes until tomatoes begin to seep some of their delicious caramelized goodness and puff up a bit. 

That’s it!  Just remove from the oven and consume. 

Store leftover tomatoes in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. 

Enjoy!t

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear from you; especially how you're finding JOY in your kitchen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...