Thursday, December 4, 2008

Potato Soup




This is one of our all-time favorite soups. 
Delicious, creamy and comforting all in one bowl. 
Yum. 

Potato Soup - Adapted from Marge Johnson
{Print Recipe}


4 C diced potatoes
1 C celery, sliced
1 C onion, chopped
2 large carrots, chopped (or grated)
2 C water
2 tsp. salt
2 C of half and half
3 T melted butter {I omit}
1 T parsley
1/8 tsp. pepper

In a pan, simmer potatoes, celery, onions and carrots in water and salt for about 20 minutes or until potatoes are getting soft.

Add half and half, and mash with a potato masher until potatoes are just slightly lumpy.

Then, simmer for 2-5 minutes.

Add butter (if desired, we never do), parsley and pepper.

Stir and cook about 10 minutes.

Enjoy.



Serves 6-8 people.

This post is linked to: 5 Dollar Dinners, URS

2 comments:

  1. Yummy! I'm so excited it's soup season.
    I'm leaving town on Thursday and want to make Hubby some soups before I leave so he has stuff to eat on all weekend. This might be one of them!
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds yummy! I've been on a soup kick recently. Potatoes and leeks are one of my favorite combinations, and I love the idea of adding carrots for a little sweetness.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear from you; especially how you're finding JOY in your kitchen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...