Thursday, December 4, 2008

Scalloped Ham and Potatoes


This was a classic recipe my mom made when my sister and I were little. Although if I made it now I would not use processed foods, it's a good basic recipe that I wanted to include here!

Scalloped Ham and Potatoes - Mom

1/2 C chopped onion
1 T olive oil
2 1/3 C water
2/3 C milk
1 package of Betty Crocker Scalloped or Au Gratin potatoes
2 C cubed, cooked ham
1/2 tsp. paprika
1 (9oz) pkg frozen green beans, thawed (may also use canned)
1 C shredded cheddar cheese, extra sharp is the best

Cook onion in oil in a skillet until onions are clear and tender. Stir in water and milk along with the potatoes and sauce mix, ham and paprika. Heat to boiling while stirring constantly. Simmer for 15-20 minutes stirring occasionally, until potatoes are tender. Add green beans and cheese and cook until heated through (about 10 minutes). Serves 4-6.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear from you; especially how you're finding JOY in your kitchen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...