1 lb. fresh asparagus, cut into 1.5 inch pieces
2 C broccoli flowerets
1 medium onion, chopped
1 large garlic clove, minced (or chopped)
1 T olive oil
1 large carrot, sliced diagonally
1 red pepper, finely sliced
1 yellow pepper, finely sliced
1/2 lb mushrooms, sliced
1 C light whipping cream
1/2 C chicken broth, low sodium and fat free
3 green onions, chopped
2 T fresh basil, chopped (or 2 tsp. dried)
1/2 tsp. salt
1 C grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 tsp. pepper
8 oz whole wheat linguine, broken in half
1) Cook pasta according to directions. Drain and place in a large serving bowl.
2) Steam asparagus and broccoli until tender.
3) Saute garlic and onion in oil until tender; then add carrots, peppers and mushrooms and continue sauteing until veggies are crisp and tender.
5) In a small saucepan, over medium heat, combine cream, broth, green onions and basil -- stir and heat for 5 minutes.
6) Pour sauce over cooked linguine/veggies and toss lightly to combine.
7) Sprinkle cheese and pepper over mixture