Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Crockpot Chicken Parmesean



This was the easiest and best chicken parm I have ever eaten. Normally, I shy away from chicken parm because the chicken tends to get too dry... but in the crockpot, the chicken was so moist it virtually fell apart.



Delicious.



Crockpot Chicken Parmesan - Adapted from the Crockpot Lady

Ingredients

  • 2-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
  • 1/2 C bread crumbs (I used 1 thick slice from our whole wheat bread)
  • 1/4 C grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning (salt-free)
  • 1/8 tsp. pepper
  • dash, salt
  • 1-2 tsp. olive oil
  • 1/8 C milk
  • 1/2 - 1 C mozzarella cheese, shredded*
  • 2-4 C spaghetti sauce (we used our homemade)*
*use more if you use more chicken

Directions

Tear thick slice of bread into pieces; then place in a blender and grate it until you have fine bread crumbs.



Add Parmesan cheese and Italian seasonings, and stir to combine.  Then, pour milk into another small bowl, and line up the chicken, bread crumbs and milk.



Dip the chicken in the milk, then in the bread crumbs and coat well.



Place the chicken into a crockpot that has been sprayed with olive oil.  Cover with freshly grated mozzarella cheese.



Top with spaghetti sauce.



Cook on low for 6-7 hours, or on high for 3-4 hours. I cooked mine on low for roughly 4 hours, and then on high for about another hour. The chicken was 180 degrees, and tender as can be :)

Boil pasta about 20 minutes before you're ready to eat....we used whole wheat spaghetti noodles.



Serve with green veggies, and fococcia bread for a lovely dinner.



This is such an easy dinner - one we love!



This recipe is shared at the Slow Cooking ThursdayCrockpot Wednesdays, Ingredient Spotlight

20 comments:

  1. That looks so yummy! By the way, I think we have the same dishes?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anything with pasta in it can't be bad! *grin*

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmmm, that looks delish, never tried chicken parm in the crockpot, this recipe is getting in line for my crock-pot day. thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks super yummy! I love chicken parm!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks SO good. We are having chicken parm this weekend. I'm going to try this one. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow that looks SO good....YUMMY!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhh...yummy! I will definitely try this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Any idea how to cook this without a Crockpot? We are Crockpotless . . .

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yum! Yum! Thanks for sharing your recipe with us! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. We love chicken parmesan....and I love your version. Thanks for posting to Crock Pot Wednesday. I really appreciate your participation and hope to see you here each week. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooooh I love chicken parm but haven't made it in ages because its kind of a lot of work. I'll have to try this, the crockpot makes everything easier :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your version of this. It turns out so perfectly each time I make it!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm making this this week! Thanks for your encouragement on my blog. I am excited to taste this!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Made this for dinner tonight a huge hit! Very tasty will make again

    ReplyDelete
  15. I made this for tonight's dinner and OH YUM! is it good! I just got some out to cool for my son's dinner and I almost ate it all! I will definitely make this again.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This looks delicious! Adding it to my menu this week.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Made this last night....You were right, the chicken is very juicy. We just had trouble with the breading. It fell of in the crockpot. Has this happened to you?

    ReplyDelete
  18. @Cal --

    Yes, our breading falls off too -- gets wrapped up in the sauce, which is delicious. For added crunch, I often sprinkle a little more bread crumbs over the top, just before serving.

    Oh, and the last time I made it, I reserved the mozzarella cheese, sprinkling the cheese over the top of the entire dish, just a few minutes before serving. I really enjoyed the yummy, melty cheese on the top, coupled with the crunchy panko bread crumbs.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Making this dish today and I'm so excited to try it. Thanks for another great idea!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear from you; especially how you're finding JOY in your kitchen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...