Sunday, March 15, 2009

Egg Sandwiches

A breakfast that I enjoy as a change from our usual carb-loaded breakfasts is egg sandwiches. They are simple to make, and are delicious with either a little cheese, or, if you're my dad... a little jelly... strawberry, rhubarb, cherry or tomato jams all jazz up this simple breakfast sandwich.

Egg Sandwiches
2 slices of whole wheat bread
1-2 eggs
salt and pepper, to taste
accompaniments... cheese, butter, jelly

Preheat griddle to 350 degrees.

Slice bread, and lightly butter, if desired on one side. Place bread on the griddle to warm and toast.

Add salt and pepper to eggs and scramble 'em up!


Pour egg mix onto griddle (you may wish to use a large metal cookie cutter to prevent the egg from running all over the place), and cook for 2-3 minutes per side, until egg is set.

If you wish, top the bread, or egg with cheese, and allow cheese to melt before assembling the sandwich. Then, top the bread with the eggs.

And, top it off with the other slice of bread.

If you wish to add jelly... do so before you assemble the sandwich.

5 comments:

  1. This is probably gross to most people, but we used to eat egg sandwiches for Sunday night dinner. But instead of jelly and butter, we used mayo. *shudder*

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know I used to make these in college, I'd add cheese and sometimes ham lunch meat. I haven't made one in a long time, though. Thanks for the reminder about a tasty, easy sandwhich!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love egg sandwiches! :D I have one at least every other day. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. ham sounds like a great addition... although, I'm not sure that I'd go with Mayo ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey... I love fried egg sandwiches, with mayo..and cheese...but, try it with sliced avocado, too. Or, if you have it, a layer of cranberry sauce. Its very adaptable. I have them anytime. Its a great source of protein, at low cost.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear from you; especially how you're finding JOY in your kitchen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...