Sunday, March 29, 2009

Mozzarella Mushroom Chicken


Did someone say mushrooms? And cheese? If you haven't gathered by now, these are two ingredients we love. So, when I saw this recipe from Summer, I knew we'd have a winner. It went together in a few minutes, and the chicken was moist and deliciously seasoned.

Mozzarella Mushroom Chicken - Modified from Summer

1-2 T olive oil
3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1-2 tablespoon garlic powder
2-4 clove garlic, minced
8oz fresh mushrooms, sliced
1 C shredded mozzarella cheese (we used an Italian blend)


Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Place chicken in the skillet, and season with garlic powder and garlic. Cook 12 minutes on each side, or until juices run clear.

Meanwhile, in another pan, saute mushrooms in garlic, until just about "done".

Then, stir mushrooms into the skillet to finish cooking.

Layer mushrooms on chicken and top with cheese. Cover, and cook an additional 5 minutes or so until cheese is melted.
Serve with rice and veggies!

5 comments:

  1. Well .. I WOULD make this but I CAN'T since I don't have any mushrooms.

    For you to post this recipe was nothing short of cruel. I'm not impressed. Can you tell? :D

    I can't wait to try this recipe....another week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had this for dinner last night and it was very good! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made this last night and it was a huge hit!! Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So good! One of my new "go to" dinners. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a simple but yet wonderful recipe! I have made this three times and each time we love it more and more. The last time I made it, I served it for company. They raved and raved about it. Thank you for another wonderful recipe!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear from you; especially how you're finding JOY in your kitchen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...