Thursday, April 30, 2009

Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie



A few days ago, I stumbled upon an amazing-looking recipe ... Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie. One word... mouthwatering. Two words... definitely delicious. Three words... YOU MUST MAKE!


Of course, I made the pie to our tastes, creating an oatmeal pie crust (because I LOVE oatmeal chocolate chip cookies)... and used a bit of whole wheat flour to make it a tad-bit healthier....

Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie- Modified from Your Home Based Mom

3-4 T butter, melted and cooled
1/2 C packed brown sugar (a little overflowing)
1/2 C flour (whole wheat is fine)
1 egg, well beaten
1 tsp vanilla
1 C dark chocolate chips
9″ unbaked pie shell (I made my own oatmeal pie crust)

Cream together sugar, butter, egg and vanilla. Add in flour.


Then, stir in chocolate chips and pour into pie shell.




Bake 40-45 minutes at 350 degrees. It will still be nice and gooey.
Serve warm (with ice cream for a real treat)!


Serves 12... easily (or, makes 12 slices, I'll let you decide how many people get to eat it!)



This post is linked to ...

and, Grocery Cart Challenge's - Friday Recipe Swap!

15 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you liked it!
    It's become a regular dessert over at our house :)

    I think the next time I make it I'll try your oatmeal pie crust. It sounds delicious!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds and looks SO good!!! Thanks for the recipe, I'll give that a try soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks amazing! Thank you for sharing!

    BTW, thanks for visiting my blog. My slow cooker is several years old, and made by Corningware Electrics. I can't find the same model online, but I did find out that Rival makes at least one CrockPot that can be used on the stovetop. I think it's called Versaware, and Amazon carries it. Hope this helps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds awesome, pie and cookies together sounds like heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh that looks so good! That would be a nice size to have when my kids come over and it doesn't look nearly as labor intensive as making a batch of chocolate chip cookies.

    And thank you for sharing the oatmeal pie crust. We happen to be home and doing nothing much this weekend so I might just try both these recipes together. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds like a great recipe, thanks for sharing it.
    Claudia
    claudiafranson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just found your blog from "The Knot and the Knest" - I LOVE IT!!!! I scrolled this whole page and am very excited about several of these... but super excited about this one!! I can't wait to try it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks so great! I like oatmeal chocolate chip too so I'm going to definitely use your version. thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Helllo! That looks so yummy!
    Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  10. yes, I could definitely see how this could become a favorite. We are huge choc chip lovers!!! Thanks for linking it to Tasty Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've made this pie for years and it really is wonderful. I want to try out the oatmeal crust, that sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  12. not only does this sound yummy! it looks yummy! can't wait to try it

    ReplyDelete
  13. I tried this when we had friends over last week for a game night. It was so ooey gooey delicious. I love trying new recipes from your blog. Tonight it Cheesy Chicken! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. This looks so good. A friend and I shared something similar at a restaurant before. I can't wait to surprise her with a whole one. Thanks for sharing. You are amazing. I am adding you to my favorites. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have seen this before with a pastry crust, but I like your idea for an oatmeal cookie crust. It looks great. I am definitely saving this one!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear from you; especially how you're finding JOY in your kitchen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...