Sunday, May 17, 2009

Honey Mustard Chicken Pasta


A tasty, quick, family-friendly recipe. Sandra, who hosts Slow-Cooking Thursday (a great place to find tried and true slow-cooker recipes) has so many wonderful recipes on her blog! The first time I made this honey mustard chicken, I followed her recipe exactly. This time, of course, I made a few changes.

Honey Mustard Chicken Pasta - Modified from Sandra

2 C bow-tie pasta (we used mini bow-ties, so cute!)
4 strips of bacon, diced (we used turkey bacon)
8 oz fresh mushrooms, sliced
1/4 C onion, chopped (red/purple onion is delicious)
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 C chicken, diced
1 C frozen peas
2/3 C milk + 1/2 C milk, divided
1/8 C flour
2 T spicy brown mustard
1 T + 1 tsp. honey
1 tsp. dried parsley
1/4 tsp. each, salt and pepper
1-2 green onions, chopped (optional)


Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain when noodles are just about tender.

In a large skillet, cook chicken with bacon pieces until chicken is done and bacon is crispy. If using turkey bacon, remove bacon and chicken at this point (turkey bacon will not stay crispy if you leave it in) and set aside, covered to keep warm.

Add mushrooms and onion to the skillet and saute until tender. Then, mix together flour and 1/2 C milk with a wire whisk. Add mixture to mushrooms and onion, and add in peas and additional milk. Stir well. Add mustard and honey, salt and pepper and stir well.

Simmer for a few minutes until sauce is slightly thickened. [note, my photos have the chicken and bacon in at this point, you can add the chicken in, but leave the bacon out, if you want crispy bacon!]

Then, add in the pasta and reserved bacon, and stir to combine.

Serve warm... topped with green onion if desired. The dish is delicious with roasted asparagus!

4 comments:

  1. Yum! That looks delicious. I am DYING to cook. My hubby has been so busy at work this past week that he has been there quite late every night, this weekend he is at his folk's place doing some roofing and then next week it is going to be lots of late working nights, so I have not been cooking very much at all. There is something about cooking just for yourself that is not as fulfilling. I have a HUGE list of things I want to make and I am SICK of eating convenience foods!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a little bloggy bling over at my page for you “One Lovely Blog award” please stop by and take a look!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am making this very soon!!!! How Yummy and a Crock Pot Meal!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks delightful!! I can't wait to try it! :) The mint oreo crunch cookies are now a staple in my family, thanks!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear from you; especially how you're finding JOY in your kitchen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...