Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Apple Juice Fruit Cobbler


With summer fruits in abundance, try an easy cobbler that will make a great dessert or breakfast! This is delicious warm or cold, and is sweetened with apple juice!

Apple Juice Fruit Cobbler

2 C peaches (fresh, frozen or canned)*
1 C blueberries (fresh or frozen)
1 C raspberries (fresh or frozen)
1 C oatmeal
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
2 T brown sugar
1/2 C apple juice

Cut peaches into 2-inch chunks. Place peaches in a greased 9x13 glass pan.


Sprinkle blueberries and raspberries over the peaches (yum.... is all I can say).


Pour 1/4 C of apple juice over the fruit and sprinkle with cinnamon.


Combine oatmeal and brown sugar in a blender and blend until just smooth.


Add in remaining 1/4 C - 1/2 C apple juice and blend -- the apple juice will cause the oatmeal to stick together.

You will want to break apart the clumps a bit before spreading the topping over the fruit.




Bake at 350 for 45 minutes, until fruit is bubbly and topping has browned just a bit.


I enjoyed what few leftovers we had with yogurt -- which was amazing.  I will be making this again as a great way to enjoy my daily intake of fruit!


*If you use frozen fruits, be sure to thaw them completely before using, and drain of all excess water

Blessed with Grace

14 comments:

  1. That sounds phenomenal! I will def be trying a lot of of your recipes after we move! I can't wait!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great recipe - I've never put juice in a cobbler before

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I really want to try this. You have such amazing recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a very pretty creation. If you've read my latest post you'll know my baking adventures don't always turn out so picturesque! LOL! I bet the "crispy" topping is good too...and I've never seen a recipe for cobbler before using juice! But it makes good sense, doesn't it? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How easy and I know that is tasty! Thanks for the recipe and linking up to TMTT.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks super yummy and I bet it smells great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds delish! :D Love how it is sweetened with applejuice and not a ton of sugar. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks delicious! May have to try!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That looks amazing! I have peaches in the freezer that need to be used. Thanks for sharing!
    ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, homemade cobbler. One of my favorites is peach cobbler.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks delicious! I've never had a cobbler with more than one fruit in it. I will definitely have to give this a try! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You know, you just gave me an idea....I can't use oatmeal or flour but I can use almond flour. I bet I could make this recipe with that instead. Thanks

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear from you; especially how you're finding JOY in your kitchen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...