Thursday, June 18, 2009

URS: Summer Desserts


What is a better summer dessert than ICE CREAM?! I love all things ice cream. What's better than enjoying a nice bowl of homemade ice cream topped with fresh raspberries on a warm summer afternoon or evening?


My basic vanilla recipe is heavenly, if I do say so myself, and I love adding delicious things to it ... like cookies (for a cookies and cream) or a cake mix, for cake batter ice cream... yum. Who needs those fancy ice cream shops when you can do it yourself!

I'm now experimenting with making some fruit-filled ice creams, and we have greatly enjoyed this deliciousness....



And, if you want, add in some chocolate chips (dark chocolate, if you ask for my preference) and you have dark chocolate cherry decadent ice cream... for less fat (I use fat-free half and half, and light whipping cream to make my ice cream base) and more wholesome ingredients (read: no ingredients you can't pronounce) than the store brands.

4 comments:

  1. Yum. I really would love to try your homemade ice cream! I still haven't decided if I am going to get a maker. I am watching at garage sales to see if I can find anything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh how i hate being lactose intolerant, esp in the summer :P I miss my ice cream. I should find a rice milk based recipe or something to make it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always loved ice cream made with fresh peaches.

    Melissa - have you tried raw milk? Many folks lactose intolerant don't have that problem with raw milk.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dang I need to break out our ice cream maker. That looks GOOD!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear from you; especially how you're finding JOY in your kitchen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...