Friday, June 5, 2009

Cherry Ice Cream


Frog Prince LOVES cherries. They are his favorite fruit. And, we love ice cream too -- so we thought we'd combine the two :)

This recipe is super easy and so tasty... hope you enjoy too.

Cherry Vanilla Ice Cream - Snow White

1/2 recipe cherry ice cream sauce
1 recipe vanilla ice cream (reduce vanilla to only 1/2 tsp)

1) Prepare cherry sauce -- make 1/2 batch without brandy

2) Set cherry sauce aside to cool -- either in the fridge or freezer while you make ice cream




3) Make vanilla ice cream as directed, except reduce vanilla to 1/2 tsp.



4) Just before ice cream is set, pour cooled cherry sauce into the ice cream and continue mixing for an additional 3-5 minutes.



5) Allow ice cream to "set" for a harder-scoop ice cream, or enjoy right away as a soft serve.



softer serve...



hard scoop...



This makes 1.5 quarts (in our ice cream maker).



This recipe is linked to Grocery Cart Challenge's Friday Recipe Swap, Friday Feasts, Fight the Heat FridayIngredient Spotlight 

14 comments:

  1. Yum! That looks tasty. By the way, have I ever told you that we live on a Cherry Farm?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love ice cream and I can't wait to try this! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one looks really good - I wonder if my "liquored" cherries would work in this? mmmm since my kids are "adults" or don't like cherries anyway - if it would freeze or stay frozen, I bet it might taste really good. May have to try this one with those. If I strained them and then used them instead of pie filling after I heated them most of the alcohol would be cooked off anyway. Yup I may have to try this one really really soon (like maybe this weekend)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going to have to go buy an ice cream maker just so I can try this out! It looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh No, I have to look away!! Your killing me here with your ice cream and I am trying to diet. No seriously it looks so good. And I noticed fresh cherries were on sale this week, eek!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yummmy! And you make it sound so easy :) Thank you so much for participating in our first Fight the Heat Friday!! You've been linked on my blog post and I'm working on a Mr. Linky and a variety of images for next week :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish I had an ice cream maker... I'm putting it on my wish list! This looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm a great admirer of anyone who makes their own ice cream - delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That looks so good! I've had that same ice cream maker for years and just started using it several months ago...I love it! Will have to try this out...thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. ahhh....that looks fabulous! I wish my husband liked cherries. If I made this recipe, I'd feel guilty for not making something he'd like. :( Maybe I can make it for a girls' night....yeah, that sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
  11. My daughter is asking me right now when we can get out our ice cream maker and put it to use for this. Wow--that looks yummy right about now!

    ReplyDelete
  12. My mouth is watering! thanks for linking!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Now I know what my ice cream maker needs to make for me. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow the color of the ICe Cream is amazing! I tried a simliar recipe! Will post it on my blog soon!

    http://laradelilah.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear from you; especially how you're finding JOY in your kitchen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...