Saturday, August 1, 2009

Blueberry Rhubarb Dump Cake

The tartness of the blueberries and rhubarb combined with the sweetness of the dump cake topping made this recipe a hit at our game night!



Blueberry Rhubarb Dump Cake - Snow White

3 C rhubarb, sliced (fresh or frozen)
3 C blueberries (fresh or frozen)
1/2 C brown sugar
1/4 C white sugar
2 heaping T corn starch
1 tsp. vanilla
1 box yellow/white cake mix
3-4 T butter


Pour 3 heaping cups of rhubarb into a large bowl.



Add 3 heaping cups of blueberries.



Add sugars and corn starch and gently stir to combine.





Pour into a lightly greased 9x13 glass baking dish.



Drizzle vanilla over the fruits. Then, pour 1 box of cake mix over the top of the fruits.

Slice the butter thinly and lay over the top of the cake mix.



Bake at 350 for 30-45 minutes, or until top is lightly browned and fruits are bubbly.





Allow to cool sightly before serving.



Pairs excellently with green tea and games :)

This recipe is linked at Tempt My Tummy Tuesday and Chocolate Fridays (non-chocolate week)!

9 comments:

  1. This looks wonderful! I miss rhubarb. I never see it here in FL. Grew up in MN and had it all summer long! I can't even find it frozen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have such great recipes! I am not a baker but with your blog, I have been sending my friends the link and it is almost like I am giving them the gift of bake goods...almost. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dump cakes are always so good and I love the many ways you can make them. This one sounds delicious!

    Christi @ A Southern Life
    http://asouthernlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks wonderful. All of these recipes, at TMTT, are making me so hungry. Thanks for linking up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love dump cake and this combo of fruit sounds wonderful!! I love rhubarb and grew up with it (we had our own plant) in Montana, but have forgotten about here in CA. I know I've seen it frozen though. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Deeeeelish!!!! Can't wait to make this recipe! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL....I just "re-discovered" this recipe of yours...I was going to leave a comment and lo and behold I was the last person to leave a comment (well over a year ago!)....too, too funny! I MUST make this recipe...especially after coming upon it now for the 2nd time. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I made this today to auction off at a friend's benefit the cake went for a lot of money it was so easy and delicious😃!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Made this cake for a benefit auction let me say it raised a lot of$ this is my new rhubarb recipe.Thanks 😉😃!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear from you; especially how you're finding JOY in your kitchen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...