Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Crockpot Lemon Herby Chicken

A super easy, frugal meal that tastes great when you're craving "real" food rather than summer munchies! Chicken legs are relatively cheap, and all the other ingredients you likely already have in your kitchen :)

Crockpot Lemon Herby Chicken

4-8 chicken legs
4 T lemon juice
1/2 C chicken broth
2 T minced onion
2 tsp. oregano
1 garlic clove, minced

Place chicken legs in the crockpot.  Sprinkle with oregano and minced garlic.



Pour chicken broth over the top, and drizzle lemon juice over the chicken legs. Top with minced onion.



Cover and cook on low for 6ish hours, or until the internal temp reaches 180 degrees.



Serve over rice, drizzled with leftover sauce from the crockpot.



Yum. This was quite tasty, and excellent as leftovers (the flavors blend nicely). The chicken fell right off the bones -- just the way I like it :)



This post is linked to Crockpot Wednesdays and Slow Cooking Thursday.

10 comments:

  1. Yum! That looks so tasty. I bet the leftovers would be delicious in a casserole of some sort ... or I guess a hot dish, as you call it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yumm, I love these types of recipes:) I am in central Mn. We moved out to the country almost 4 years ago, much different than the "city" life I'm used to, lol:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks good! I love cooking with my crockpot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy! Going to write this one down!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. sounds delicious looks like sunday dinner

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks wonderful! Thanks for sharing your recipe with us. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry I haven't gotten back to you sooner. It's been a difficult week due to the death of our neighbor. I sincerely appreciate your post and hope to see you here again next week. I am anxious to give your recipe a try. Thanks again. Debbie@diningwithdebbie.blogspot.com Crock Pot Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm making this one tomorrow! I love your blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, this looks amazing! I am a proud crockpot owner for 2 days and I am searching for recipes that fit into my metabolic balance plan. And so does this! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear from you; especially how you're finding JOY in your kitchen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...