Sunday, August 2, 2009

Pan-Grilled Veggie Sandwiches



A simple Balsamic Vinaigrette on tasty bread makes these veggies delightful.

Pan-Grilled Veggie Sandwiches - Snow White

1 loaf Parmesan Italian bread
Balsamic Vinaigrette (salad dressing)
1 medium zucchini, shredded
8oz mushrooms, sliced
salt and pepper to taste
Mozzarella cheese (enough to cover one side of the bread)

Saute the shredded zucchini and mushrooms seasoned with salt and pepper, over medium heat until tender. 

Slice the bread into sandwich-sized pieces.  Drizzle vinaigrette (to taste) over the bread.  Top with cheese, and pop in a toaster oven, or in the oven, to broil until cheese is melted and bread is slightly toasted.



When the cheese is melted, remove the sandwich from the oven, and top with the veggie mix.  It's as easy as that. 



Please excuse the blurry photos....don't really have an excuse, they're just blurry.

The recipe is linked to Grocery Cart Challenge's Recipe Swap.

4 comments:

  1. I think this will be my lunch tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I just found your blog and I LOVE it! There are so many recipes I am planning to use!! I found it looking for zucchini recipes and realized it's a great resource for new ideas! I am converting to cooking everything from scratch, so thanks for sharing, it all looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmmm...looks like Heaven on a panini!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum!! I can't believe I haven't thought to make veggie sandwiches with all this beautiful zucchini and squash. The balsamic dressing sounds heavenly too!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear from you; especially how you're finding JOY in your kitchen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...