Thursday, August 27, 2009

URS: Make Ahead



One meal that I love to make up ahead of time and have in the fridge is a delicious 3-cheese ziti. You can prepare the meal in the morning, or the night before, and bake it for dinner. I believe it's also possible to freeze it, but I haven't done that myself.

Three Cheese Baked Ziti - From the Rosenblum Family

3 C ricotta cheese (we use one 16oz container)
1 T dried parsley
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1 egg
10-oz pkg. frozen spinach, cooked
1/3 C grated Parmesan
26oz jar Spaghetti Sauce
16 oz ziti, cooked (we recommend whole wheat Penne Rigate by Healthy Harvest)
16 oz shredded mozzarella cheese

Blend together ricotta cheese, parsley, salt, egg and spinach until smooth. Add Parmesan, blending to combine.



Spread enough spaghetti sauce in an ungreased 9x13 baking pan to cover the bottom.



Arrange half of the pasta over the sauce; spread with half of the ricotta mixture. Cover with half of the remaining spaghetti sauce, and sprinkle half of the mozzarella cheese on top. Repeat layers, ending with mozzarella on top.





Bake at 350 for 45 minutes. Serves 6-8 people.



For more make-ahead meals, visit Life as Mom's Ultimate Recipe Swap.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by! Your dish looks yummy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks good. My 6-year old was just looking over my shoulder and informed me that we are making this next week:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear from you; especially how you're finding JOY in your kitchen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...