Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Chicken and Noodles Skillet



In the mood for chicken noodle soup, but maybe don't want a soup?  Or, don't have any celery?  That was me.  I was craving the goodness of chicken noodle soup, but we didn't have celery.  You can't make chicken noodle soup without celery.   Thankfully, I had stumbled across a recipe from The Titus 2 Homemaker for a chicken and noodle skillet through Kitchen Stewardship's Super Foods Carnival

This hit the spot.  Just what I was looking for!

Chicken and Noodles Skillet - Modified from Rachel
3 C chicken broth/stock
1/2 tsp. basil
16 oz broccoli, cut
2 medium carrots, sliced
2 C whole wheat pasta
2 C shredded chicken, cooked
1/8 tsp. pepper

In a large skillet, combine veggies, basil and stock.



Add in shredded chicken and pepper.



Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and cover. Simmer for about 5 minutes until veggies begin to get tender.

Add in uncooked pasta, and stir in to coat.



Cover and cook until pasta is tender.



Stir and serve warm.



This post is linked to Tasty Tuesday.

11 comments:

  1. I saw your comment at Mommy's Kitchen this morning and I thought the little picture that went along with your comment was SO pretty! I just LOVE the beach! Those sands and that water look tranquil! I had to come over and say hi : ) and now I have a good idea for supper tonight! YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That almost looks like "stoup" (is that the name for a cross between soup and stew?) A rather thick soup, depending how much broth you use. Whatever way, you can't go wrong with chicken soup! Delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks very yummy!

    Blessings!
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  4. I made Chicken soup yesterday because it was raining so hard here and a bit cool..well cool enough to shut off the AC for part of the day. Now it is hotter then heck today and we will be eating this soup for a few more days.
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have leftover chicken from a weekend dinner. I will have to give this a try. THANKS!!! Geri

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love chicken and pasta recipes. And for some reason I've been craving chicken for a few weeks now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks yummy! That is funny that you mentioned the celery. This weekend I was going to try a Giada de Laurentiis lemon chicken soup recipe. I did try it and it was awesome, but I did add celery. I just don't know how to make chicken soup without celery, either! LOL!

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow!! This is super neat!! Love the idea!!

    Many blessings-
    Amanda
    http://iammommy.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just made this for dinner....i actually came across your site searching for a cupcake recipe. I didn't have chicken broth though so I used some cream of chicken soup instead. It was really yummy. Thank you and congrats to your husband on his Ph.D....I'm a grad student too hoping to file this year.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for this recipe! I was looking for something I could do with turkey that was easy and this is it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This was absolutely yummy! I added garlic powder and more basil and my husband just raved!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear from you; especially how you're finding JOY in your kitchen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...