Thursday, October 8, 2009

Crockpot Autumn Pork

Jane over at Frugal Fine Living posted a great looking recipe for Autumn Pork made in the crockpot that I thought would be delicious.  When pork loin went on sale this week, I thought it would be great to try.  This smelled great while cooking away all day.  Yum. 

Autumn Pork Roast - Adapted from Jane

4 lb. pork roast
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
4 apples, peeled and cored
3 T brown sugar
1/2 tsp. ginger
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 C applesauce
1/2 C ginger ale (or apple juice)

Peel, core and cut apples into eights (or quarters).  Place in the bottom of a greased crockpot.



Place the pork roast over the apples. 



In a small bowl, combine spices, applesauce and ginger ale. 



Pour over the roast.



Cook on low for 8-10 hours, until pork roast reaches 170 degrees. 



This was excellent paired with sweet potatoes and sauteed Italian zucchini and mushrooms.

This recipe is linked to Foodie Friday and Crockpot Wednesday.

15 comments:

  1. Yum! We had a great sale on pork a few weeks ago so I have a lot in my freezer. I'm putting this on the menu next week. Last night I did pork chops with carrots, onions, potatoes and apples baked in the oven. It was yummy, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM! I need to use my crockpot more! I will have to try this for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to come home to the smell of that cooking in my crock pot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am trying this. All the flavors I love. Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH, this looks delicious! I love all of the autumn flavors :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Since I've been getting all these recipes, my slow cooker hasn't stop working. I think that's GREAT!!! THANKS!!! for the recipe. Geri

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds really good. I'm going to try this on Sunday so that we have something warm to come home to after the pumkin patch.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks so good! I cannot wait to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mmmmmm, I'm saving this in my favs to make on Monday. I hope pork is on sale somewhere this weekend. Thanks for sharing, this seems like a great recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh. My. God. I'm going to go find the crockpot NOW! This is AMAZING! I think I could even MAKE it (without messing it up, that is).

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think I will make this sometime soon. I need more crockpot recipes. Looking at your other posts, I see you have a lot of recipes for the crockpot. Thanks so much for sharing these.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a perfect fall dish, and I love the glaze you used on it! Sweet potatoes are big on my diet, so I enjoy them frequently.

    Happy Foodie Friday...

    XO,

    Sheila :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This sounds so good and easy. Don't you just love the crockpot? Thanks for sharing this recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That looks really good! I may have to buy the stuff for that for next week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear from you; especially how you're finding JOY in your kitchen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...