Friday, January 1, 2010

Mint Ice Cream Pie

Would you like some pie?

This is my Father-in-Law's favorite dessert.



I had it for the first time when I met my in-laws... it was (and still is) delicious.



There actually is NO ice cream in this pie... but it sure tastes like it!!

Mint Ice Cream Pie - Frog Prince's Mom

2 C crushed oreo cookies
1/4 C butter, melted
8 oz. marshmallow fluff
1/8 C milk
2 drops peppermint extract (this is about 1/4 to 1/2 tsp. extract)
2 drops green food coloring
1 C whipping cream, whipped

Combine cookie crumbs and melted butter. Reserve 1/8 C for topping. Press remainder into a 9-inch pie plate.

Add milk to fluff; mix well.

Blend in peppermint and green food coloring, mix well.

Fold in whipped cream. Then, spread into the pie crust.

Top with remaining crumbs.

Wrap in plastic wrap and freeze overnight!



Enjoy!

This post is linked to:
Tempt My Tummy Tuesday
Save Room For Dessert
Best Pie Recipes
Ingredient Spotlight

10 comments:

  1. marshmallow fluff... A very underrated ingredient

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait, so there's not actually any ice cream in there? It still looks so good- mmmm I love fluff!

    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year! This mint pie looks like an awesome way to start off the year. Delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow. This looks really delicious. Where do you get your peppermint extract?

    ReplyDelete
  5. This would be a great summertime dessert too since its no bake.

    ReplyDelete
  6. that looks good & refreshing! I love choc. mint

    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will have to try this love mint and I am sure it would please the family

    ReplyDelete
  8. I bet this is sooo good, I love mint chocolate ice cream!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear from you; especially how you're finding JOY in your kitchen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...