Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Tuscan Lemon Chicken



This week's Food Network Chef's Challenge recipe comes from Ina Garten.

Photobucket

As I've mentioned earlier, I don't typically watch the Food Network, so I was surprised to find out that she is the Barefoot Contessa.  I've seen recipes in blogworld from "Barefoot Contessa" and had no idea where those recipes came from... now I do.

I tried a Tuscan chicken recipe from her -- super easy to marinade, and nice, light and delicious flavor.  It was a hit at our place!


Tuscan Lemon Chicken - Recipe from Ina Garten, Barefoot Contessa
Serves 2-3


1-2 large chicken breasts
Salt, as desired
1 T olive oil
1 tsp. grated lemon zest
2 T lemon juice
3 T minced garlic
1/2 tsp. dried rosemary
Pepper, as desired

Combine all the ingredients together and pour over the chicken. Marinade overnight (highly recommended) or for 8+ hours, turning once.



Preheat your grill, and then grill the chicken until juices run clear and internal temperature reaches 180 degrees.



Serve warm.


We enjoyed it very much with brown rice and veggies.  This will be making an appearance at our place again -- it's going to be a perfect spring meal.

This post is linked to:

18 comments:

  1. Next time, I will try the chicken:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks yummy! Great combination of ingredients.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks great. Do you have a George Foreman grill or something quite like it? I keep thinking I need to get one *L*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks delicious, so glad you guys enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks good! I recently posted a good lemon & garlic chicken recipe that you may enjoy too -

    http://scraphappychelsey.blogspot.com/2010/01/chicken-in-lemon-and-garlic.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL! I bet this tastes a lot like the Ina recipe that I made only with a lot less work and clean up. :-)I'll make this one next time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been dying to get one of those tabletop indoor grills. After seeing this recipe, I think I will do it soon. Thanks!

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks good - nice and light. Would probably be great sliced over a big salad. I need a better zester. THe one I have makes mush zest. This is so much prettier! Thanks for cooking with FNCCC!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yummy, this looks amazing! Can't wait to try it. I made your apple cinnamon rolls this morning and man were they a HIT with the kids! And so easy to make too:)

    Cara

    ReplyDelete
  10. Delicious! I love lemon chicken. So glad you guys loved it, great meal.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Its funny, I was just watching the show earlier. I love her and not one recipe of hers has ever failed me! Her husband *loves* chicken, so she knows her birds! Great photos btw!

    ReplyDelete
  12. From what I can see, Ina Garten is apparently the queen of all things food. She is getting rave reviews everywhere I look!

    Great simple combination of flavors.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooh, good call on this recipe! It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ina is my ultimate favorite chef on FN! :) She's so stinkin cute. And this sounds so delicious! What a great recipe if you're in a chicken "rut." Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yum...we'll have to try this once it gets warm enough for grilling! (We don't have an indoor grill or grill pan). I love Ina. Her food is so straightforward and good. Brown rice and veggies sound great with this.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've made this w/the fresh rosemary and kosher salt. (as called for in the original recipe) The family LOVES this chicken!

    I've made it w/pea Risotto! A perfect combination.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear from you; especially how you're finding JOY in your kitchen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...