Saturday, March 27, 2010

Spinach Chicken Pasta



Last week, I found a yummy recipe that's been circulating the blogsphere -- first from Melanie at My Kitchen Cafe, then at  Kara's Kitchen Creations, and most recently on Recipe Shoebox.  Thus -- I needed to try it.

I ended up using chicken leftover from my crockpot chicken - it made the prep for this recipe really easy!  My chicken was more shredded than cubed, which changed the appearance and texture of the dish, but it was still a hit at our place.  


Spinach Chicken Pasta - Adapted {most recently} from Recipe Shoebox

2 T olive oil
4 garlic cloves, minced
8 oz. mushrooms, sliced
1 1/2 C diced chicken*
1/2 lb. whole wheat penne pasta
1 1/2 C fresh spinach
salt and pepper, to taste
2 tsp. basil (dried)
1 T lemon juice
3/4 C Parmesan cheese, shredded

Mix the olive oil and minced garlic in a microwavable bowl - warm for about 1 minute to blend flavors.

Meanwhile -- bring pasta to a boil and cook until pasta is done.  Drain.

Add the olive oil mixture to a stir fry pan.  Saute the mushrooms and chicken in the olive oil.


When chicken is cooked, add in the fresh spinach.  Cover, and cook about 5 minutes until wilted.



Season with salt and pepper, to taste.  Then, add in the cooked pasta.



Stir in the basil, Parmesan cheese and lemon juice.


Toss in the stirfry pan over very low heat.


Remove from the heat and serve immediately.


Enjoy a tasty and easy dinner!


Thanks, ladies, for such a great and tasty dinner!

10 comments:

  1. That looks fabulous! I'm going to add it to my to-try list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aking the rounds for very good reason... spinach pasta mushrooms and chicken

    easy fast and makes a great presentation for a weeknight meal in it's self

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh yum...this sounds good and not too heavy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the addition of mushrooms in there, although unfortunately they're one of the few foods not a single one of my kids will touch, so I'd have to only add them to the adult dishes. :) I'm so glad you liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I made this tonight and it was excellent! Thanks for sharing this recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't like mushrooms anymore since I was pregnant - I still can't stomach them now five years later. What can I put in substitute do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Mommy Lisa

    Mommy Lisa, this is one of our favorite dishes and we just leave out the mushrooms...no substitution needed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've made this recipe twice now and really love it. Super yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Made ths for dinner tonight and everyone loved it, including the super-picky kids. We dont do dairy, so we subbed rice-based parmesan. Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Made this tonight, so good!! Think it would also be good with shrimp, and a splash of dry white wine. Thanks for the recipe! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear from you; especially how you're finding JOY in your kitchen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...