Thursday, April 22, 2010

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Muffins

My favorite place to find recipes is from bloggers.... and this recipe came from one I featured on my Friday Favorites a few weeks ago.  This recipe is from Frugal Homemaking -- she says her mom used to make these muffins for her family when they were growing up!



They are delicious muffins, already low in sugar which we like! But, we used applesauce and whole wheat flour, and also used dark chocolate and cranberries for extra antioxidants.

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Muffins - Adapted from Frugal Homemaking

1 1/2 C oatmeal (I used quick cook)
2 2/3 C white wheat flour
1/3 C brown sugar, packed
4 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
2 eggs
1 1/2 C milk
1/2 C applesauce
1/2 C dark chocolate chips (or other add-in)

Combine the dry ingredients together.  



Then, mix together the eggs, applesauce and milk.



Combine the dry and wet ingredients until just moist.



Then, stir in the chocolate chips, or other add-ins. I divided my batter in half and added craisins to half. Yummy!



Fill 24 lightly greased muffin tins 2/3 of the way full.



Bake at 400 for 16-18 minutes, until a toothpick comes out of the muffins clean.



Enjoy!



These froze nicely for us!

And... speaking of freezing... don't forget to stop by my Ice Cream Maker Giveaway!

Recipe is linked to:

9 comments:

  1. Cannot wait to try these!!! This might be our breakfast for Saturday :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh these look yummy! I also made something with chocolate and oatmeal yesterday. So good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What is your take on soaking oatmeal before using? Do you do it? Ever since I heard about soaking them I haven't made anything with oatmeal because I don't know what I am doing! I don't know. Just curious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. mmmm - I was craving muffins just last night and my hubby bought me a big blueberry one from 7-11, lol.

    - and you are very welcome for the "recipe".

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look yummy! I love the combination of oats and chocolate chips!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, this looks so delicious! Thank you for stopping by my page...I'm one of your newest followers. And I love the theme to your blog. very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like that this uses applesauce instead of fat. Healthier version of a great recipe

    ReplyDelete
  8. Found you on tempt your tummy tuesday.
    I love muffins & these look yummy.
    I've posted ANZAC biscuits on my blog http://thismumsworld.blogspot.com/ that are made with rolled oats if you're interested- you seem to be an oats loving gal!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear from you; especially how you're finding JOY in your kitchen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...