Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Orange Slush


This "orange slush" is a summer must! My mom has been making it for as long as I can remember.

 One batch lasts all summer long (and then some) - so make it early, stick it in the freezer and enjoy!


Orange Slush - Mom                                                              {Print Recipe}
2 1/2 C water
2 1/2 C sugar
2 cans frozen orange juice
3 C pineapple juice
2 C real lemon juice
1 bottle of club soda
Boil the water and sugar together; cool. Then, add cans of OJ, pineapple juice, lemon juice and club soda. If you wish, you can toss in a little vodka too. Freeze the slush in a large ice cream pail.
To serve, thaw the slush about 30 minutes before serving. Fill a glass 3/4 of the way with slush. Then, add ginger ale to fill the glass up. Serve with a spoon, or a straw, and get ready to watch the smiles.


This post is linked to:
Photobucket

14 comments:

  1. Yummy! I'll be making this. It looks a lot like a pineapple slush I used to make and lost the recipe for. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your orange slush sounds really delicious and refreshing. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so delicious! What a fun summer treat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the new look! Now it looks like those professional blogs, hehe! With God's help, see you next week!:)) I can't wait! Ramo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh...no, one batch would definitely NOT last all summer at my house...I would probably find a way to go through a batch every few days..by myself!!!..it looks and sounds delicious!!!.. I will be making it soon.....thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. this looks fabulous! have it bookmarked!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the new look! This must have been the surprise :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. MY mom used to make something like this too and it was great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That looks so yummy! I know my orange juice loving kiddo will be crazy over it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This sounds amazing! I will be making this...I love-love the new look. It doesn't take nearly as long to load.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That looks perfect for us and our dairy allergies!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yummo! I love this recipe! Thanks for bringing your dish over to Tuesday Tastes! The People's Choice Polls are open so come by and cast your vote when you get a chance!

    Happy Day,
    Jasey @ Crazy Daisy

    http://crazyjayzplace.blogspot.com/2010/06/tuesday-tastes-12.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yummy! Perfect for the summer!
    Thanks for linking up!
    ~Liz

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear from you; especially how you're finding JOY in your kitchen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...