Thursday, July 22, 2010

Philly Cheese Melts


Frog Prince loves Philly Cheese Steaks.  My original recipe also uses the crockpot, but requires the oven to make the herby rolls.  It's been too hot for the oven, so we improvised.


We made the meat in the crockpot.  Sauteed the veggies so they remained crunchy.  And, toasted the sandwiches in the toaster oven using yummy wheat bread we had made earlier in the bread machine.


It was a "keep the kitchen cool day" substitute for the real thing, and we both enjoyed it very much!

Philly Cheese Melts - Finding Joy in My Kitchen
{Print Recipe}

1 lb. steak, cut into strips
1/2 C beef broth
1 yellow, green, and red bell pepper, sliced thin
4 oz. Monterrey Jack Cheese, sliced
Wheat Oatmeal Bread

Place the sliced steak and beef broth into a crockpot.  Cook on low for 4-6 hours, until beef is tender and done.

When beef is ready, slice up the bell peppers and saute them in 1 tsp. olive oil.


Then, slice some bread.

Using a slotted spoon, top the bread with beef.


 Add peppers and cheese.

Toast in the toaster oven until the cheese melts.


Enjoy!


Photobucket

9 comments:

  1. This is one of my fav sandwiches! Looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! Looks so yummy!!! I am all about keeping the kitchen cool in the summer. When it's 112 outside, the last thing I want to do is be working in a hot kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woo hoo! What a great looking sandwich and I'm ready for lunch now even though I just ate breakfast. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whats not to love here? Looks amazingly good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh yum! My husband would love this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Saw you on Cooking During Stolen Moments---so pleased to find your blog. Great recipes :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Did you hear that???That was the sound of my stomach growling!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love cheesesteak! i bet i could cook stew meat for them! its going on the menu! thanks for reminding me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We have these quite often! So Yummy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear from you; especially how you're finding JOY in your kitchen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...