Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Sausage and Zucchini Pizza


My friend, Joanne, made this awesome sausage and zucchini pizza.  I was drooling over the photos.


I knew I needed to make it.


Sausage and Zucchini Pizza - Adapted from Joanne at Eats Well with Others
{Print Recipe}

1/2 recipe, our favorite pizza crust
2 large zucchini, sliced thinly
sea salt
1/2 lb. Italian turkey sausage
1/4 C Parmesan cheese
pepper

Begin by preparing the pizza crust.

Meanwhile, wash and slice zucchini.


In a large bowl, place some sea salt in the bottom.


Toss the zucchini slices with the salt and let it sit for 20 minutes.

While the zucchini rid themselves of excess water (i.e., sit with the salt), saute the Italian sausage in a medium skilled until browned and cooked through.  Drain grease.


Rinse the zucchini and blot dry.


Then, roll out your pizza crust.  Top with sliced zucchini and with crumbled Italian sausage.


Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and ground pepper.


Then, bake at 475 for 15 minutes, or until browned.


Enjoy!






Photobucket

11 comments:

  1. This totally reminded me of a summer favorite that we haven't had enjoyed. Try doing this with your zucchini (it can even be made ahead and kept in refrigerator until time to bake.) http://www.cookinglight.com/cooking-101/essential-ingredients/healthy-squash-zucchini-recipes-00400000052685/page8.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds great and is a unique recipe I will have to try! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy! Zucchini and sausage sounds delicious. Can't wait to try this. I hope you'll come link up to No Whine Wednesday!

    http://blog.foodonthetable.com/2010/07/no-whine-wednesday-brussel-sprouts/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! I'm so glad you made it and liked it! I've actually been dreaming about it so I might have to make it again...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks tasty!

    Thanks for sharing with us!
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your blog! Your photos and step by step cooking instructions are great. Will have to try this pizza.

    Thank you for stopping by my blog.
    I have some recipes as well on my Tasty Tuesday heading. A Pop-cake that is super easy and I'm sure you would enjoy it.

    Blessings,
    Janis

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow -- what an interesting combination! It looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Interesting pizza - looks good!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear from you; especially how you're finding JOY in your kitchen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...